Warranty and Return Policy
Phil Wood & Co. provides a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects. This means that we offer a guarantee on material and production thereof for the life of the product to the original owner. In order to be considered for warranty, original proof of purchase from an Authorized Phil Wood & Co. Retailer/Dealer showing date of purchase must be provided. We also offer a one-year guarantee on all our bearings from the date of purchase. Bearings that fail due to contamination, misuse, improper tampering, modification or improper maintenance are not covered under warranty even if failure occurs within one year from date of purchase.
Please Note: Our Classic, stainless steel cassette bodies have a one-year guarantee and our Pro, aluminum cassette bodies and all other Pro, aluminum parts have a one-year guarantee.
All Phil Wood & Co. products have an intended purpose. Products used outside of that purpose will not be warranted and Phil Wood cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur due to misuse. It is the end user’s responsibility to examine the product on a regular basis to determine if it requires service and or replacement. (See included maintenance instructions for further information.)
NOT COVERED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE THE FOLLOWING: 1. Normal wear of parts that are subject to wear (e.g. bearings and ratchet mechanisms) 2. Incorrect re-assembly 3. Use in combination with other products that are not compatible (e.g. threading a FW onto the fixed side of a track hub) 4. Insufficient maintenance, tampering, modification,misuse, and neglect. *Phil Wood & Co. does not cover the cost of shipping on repair or warranty items back to us beyond 90 days from the original purchase date.
All returns, regardless of reason or cause, must have a return authorization number (RA#). We will not accept or process any item(s) without an RA#. Please contact us for RA# information via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (408) 298-1540.
- RA#s are good for up 60 days from the day they are issued.
- Items returned for credit are subject to a 15% restocking fee unless the item is returned due to our mis-shipment.
- Product and parts can be returned for credit (less restocking fee) if the product was never installed, used, altered, or damaged in any way. The return must be within 90 days of the original date of purchase.
- Items returned for exchange due to an ordering error are subject to a 15% restocking fee and all shipping fees for up to 30 days from the date of purchase.
- Product and parts returned more than 30 days after date of purchase can be returned for credit (less a 30% restocking fee) for up to 90 days from the day of purchase.
- After 90 days, item(s) may not be returned for credit or exchange.
- Customer is responsible for properly packaging the returning item(s).
- Customer is responsible for any damages incurred due to improper packaging. Customer is also responsible for shipping fees.- Partial credit may be given for returned item(s) that suffered cosmetic damages resulting from installation or shipping. Eligibility for credit will be determined by Phil Wood & Co.’s warranty and technical personnel. Any damage to a product that may compromise the integrity of the part will void any applicable credit.
SENDING IN ITEM(S) FOR SERVICE
All services must have a return authorization number (RA#). We will not accept or process any item(s) without an RA#. Your issued RA# should be clearly written on the outside of your package so our service department can match your item(s) to the service information on file. Items sent to Phil Wood & Co. for service without a valid and legible RA# on the outside of the package will be REFUSED and returned to sender at their cost. Once issued, an RA# is valid for 60 days.
Standard services can take 1-2 business days or longer to complete depending on service department workload and part availability.
Spoke machine services can take 3-5 business days to complete depending on service department workload and part availability. A more accurate completion time can be given after our service department receives and inspects your spoke machine.
- Please contact us for RA# information via email at email@example.com
Please note: Items sent to Phil Wood & Co. for service without a valid and legible RA# placed on the outside of the package will be REFUSED and returned to sender at their cost. Phil Wood & does not cover the cost of shipping on repair or warranty items sent back to us beyond 90 days from the original purchase date.
RETURN/SERVICE ADDRESS OUTLINE
Phil Wood & Co.
1125 North 7th Street, Suite A
San Jose, CA 95112